Monday 3 March 2008

Fun critters


As it says in the blurb, Japanese patterns have been in the back of my consciousness but my lack of Japanese has prevented me from uncovering their mysteries. Trust me, they're jam-packed with fabulous patterns and ideas but, to date, I haven't come across any English translations. Until now. Loop has the cutest little pattern book in the Kyuuto! Japanese crafts range. I particularly love the little amigurumi cutey-pie creatures so I've ordered the book and will pass on any tips that I learn to you guys. I have come across a nifty way to start a chain ring without leaving an unsightly hole. Watch this space (or lack of it, if I'm really clever). What a great way to finish up the never-ending mountain of unused yarn ends. Hurrah!!!! Send me pics of any characters you make.

No comments: