Tuesday 29 April 2008

Some more yarns

Just as a little follow through from the 16 April post about braids and trims; I wanted to continue making up cufflets (my name!!!) to sell through my 'shop' on notonthehighstreet. I bought some more of the Hand Maiden yarn at Loop in some vibrant colours of coral and teal. I think I'll add some beads and maybe some sequins that I bought in Paris at La Drougerie - if you are ever in the city or Lille, then this is a must-go destination store. Why, oh why, there isn't one in London or somewhere is a really big pain!!!

Anyway, on the same theme I also bought the Peria Kid Mohair which I think will crochet up nicely on a fine hook.


At the same time I dug deep and bought some Alchemy Silken Straw in Teal Tide (it says it all!!) which I'm going to use on my cordette bags. The handle requires short bulky chains to join handle to bag and I want to cover the rings in something close to raffia but more stylish. I think this fits the bill. As with all Alchemy yarns the colours in Silken Straw are stunning. Take a peek.

No comments: