Monday 2 June 2008

Freeform crochet



I will confess that this is an area that I have very little experience in so I'll leave it to the experts. After Friday's post on the couture of Bjork I realised that freeform crochet is a huge area of expertise for many people and worth chaincreative taking a peek at.
I mentioned a designer Ana Voog who designs vast ranges of hats and Prudence Mapstone whose blog gives a guide on how to 'scrumble' or freeform crochet. There are numerous examples of the technique on her website and she gives workshops and arctic cruises too!!!
It looks to me as if there is alot of fun to be had if the spirit moves you on this and even some serious creative impulses for some. I'll leave the last word - or image to be precise - to Nicki Hitz Edson and her Czar head-dress.


No comments: