Tuesday 11 August 2009

More of a good thing


You know I'm a huge fan of Japanese crochet and knit books and I know many of you are too!! This fires up my research antennae and I'm always on the look-out for new suppliers and sources for our obsession.



Yesterday, while browsing the lovely French crochet blogs that I have listed on the right side of the blog, I came across these lovely bags. I particularly loved the zing of citrus colours that these were made up with. The patterns were, of course, Japanese and that got me thinking that I needed to feed the addiction and see if I could track down some more supplies.




There are certainly plenty of shops on Etsy who have lovely selections. All you have to do is pop Japanese craft books in the Search window and away you go. I wanted to see what else was out there and Bingo! up came Select Yarn and how pleased I was. As well as patterns Norie (the founder) also stocks Japanese yarns and many are the selections for the patterns. I love the way you can 'look' in the books to see the patterns. It all helps with the choice.




At the moment, I'm enjoying crocheting a vintage 30's sweater but as soon as that's finished I'm going Japanese!!!

No comments: